Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Love Story

I wanted to make a blog about how we met and started dating. Sean and I both applied to be FCCLA officers for our senior year because we had friends in there. So we officially met at the end of our junior year and started getting to know each other the beginning of the next year. It was fun having FCCLA together! We got to go on fun retreats and always had reasons to get excused from classes for FCCLA business....

I thought Sean was pretty cute and I think I started liking him a long time before he liked me. I so liked her before she liked me. She even rejected me the first time I asked her out. I asked her to Christmas Dance by writing a letter to Santa saying all I wanted was for Melanie to go to the dance with me. I left that letter and some cookies, milk and carrots on her porch. I guess I was a bad boy that year because she turned me down the next morning. I couldn't go because I had a Minerette competition! I was sooo sad I couldn't go with him because I really wanted to! I told him I wanted a raincheck. After the many tears I finally cashed the raincheck and asked her to prom. Lucky for me this time she said yes. It was a way fun date. we had it downtown at the Union Pacific Building. She looked beautiful. It was a wonderful night!

We started dating a little bit after prom and Sean finally held my hand for the first time right before graduation. He was pretty scared... I was, it's true. I had never held a girls hand before. I'm a loser. I was even more scared to kiss her. That took another month or two of building up my courage and trying to figure out if she liked me or not. He kissed me the night before my 18th birthday and the day I moved up to Rexburg for school. I must admit though...I was scared for my first kiss too. We emailed while I was in Idaho and I found any excuse I could to go home for a visit. He even came up once to visit me for a weekend! We were pretty funny. I would call her once or twice a week and we would end up talking until who knows when. I think one night we talked until like 4:30 in the morning. It was ridiculous now that I think about it. We both got like two hours of sleep that night. Then it came time for me to prepare for my mission so I made the decision to break up with her so she wasn't having to wait for me, actually, also so I wouldn't get a "Dear John." I was sad but I wanted him to get ready for his mission. That is definitely what I wanted him to do. We still did things together during the summer before he left for Argentina so it was all good.

I missed Sean so much while he was gone! I couldn't wait for him to get home! I had no idea what would happen...but I was excited for him to be home again! I wasn't sure what was going to happen when I got home. I still liked her but I got way scared towards the end of my mission. Most of my mission I thought I would get home and if she was still around we would get married quick. But the last few transfers I was way scared and didn't know what to do. So when I got home I told her I wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I knew he would need time to adjust when he got home and I totally understood. But it didn't take him long to change his mind. I felt bad the rest of the week. So four days later I told her I did want to date her and that I had just freaked out a little bit. So we have been dating since August again and it has been completely wonderful! He makes me so happy! She is perfect. I love her. And now we're getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keeten Wayne

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mckenzie Kathryn

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sean & Melanie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers